Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Bioderma Review - jumping on the band wagon!



So this is me, hoping on the band wagon that is Bioderma! Slightly behind the rest of the blogging world, but I would just say I am fashionably late ...

This was a bit of a random purchase for me! Having come back from uni I have found I have lots more free time on my hands than I would normally do. Naturally some of this free time is spent browsing the internet and looking at beautiful clothes and makeup I really can't afford! However, after coming across Bioderma on sale on a certain beauty website (http://www.escentual.com p.s it's still 1/3 off ! score!) I couldn't really pass it up!

I had been meaning to try this for some time, after hearing rave reviews from so many other bloggers. But nipping over to Paris for the day just couldn't fit into my busy schedule ... But finding it at a discounted price online with cheap postage seemed like the perfect opportunity! 

The product itself, if you are not already familiar with it, is a water with special ingredients ( don't ask me to explain what or how, I am not going to pretend like I have any idea!) that removes your makeup. What's interesting about this product is that it's non-rinse and can be used just like water; expensive water mind you! Paired with the fact that it acts as a cleanser, is fragrance free, soothes skin and is gentle enough to be used on the eyes, makes it the complete package!

Personally I use this as the first step in my nighttime routine to remove all the makeup and the general gunk off my face. I use it with large cotton wool pads and all my makeup come off easily. It really does feel like you are just removing your makeup with water! I use it all over my face and my eyes as I don't find it dries out my skin at all, and having dry skin this is a real plus for me! After the Bioderma I use my Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish to fully cleanse my skin (stay tuned for a full skincare routine coming soon!!). 

Overall this is a great product and I would recommend this if you are looking to try a cleansing water! Here is a list of the pros and cons of this product to help any of you who are looking to buy it! 
Pros- 
  • Fragrance Free
  • Non-Rinse (although I would always use another cleanser after this! But great for travelling and for those lazy nights)
  • removes all traces of makeup 
  • Suitable for sensitive skin
  • Non-drying 
  • removes eye makeup too 
  • relatively cheap 
  • nice packaging  
Cons -
  • Quite hard to get in the UK so needs to be bought online (http://www.escentual.com for the 1/3 offer at the moment!!) 
  • I end up using a bit more than is needed because of the way it comes out the bottle so may not last me that long, but it makes up for it in price 
As you can see, there are many more pros than cons to this product! If you have been wanting to try it for a while and haven't had the chance, I would say go for it! It's a great product and really worth all the hype it gets!! 
Let me know if you have tried Bioderma! What do you guys think? Is it worth the hype? 


2 comments:

  1. I've actually never used Bioderma, so it's nice to read so many positives about it! I think after this review, I'll definitely try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback! :) it's a really great product if you can get your hands on it!

    ReplyDelete